My firm, Lyssa Papazian, Historic Preservation Consulting, is a woman-owned sole proprietorship specializing in historic preservation planning, funding, regulation, documentation, and architectural history and has been operating in Vermont since 1998.
I am passionate about using historic buildings as tools for community revitalization, entrepreneurial enterprise, the meeting of local needs, and the understanding of shared and continuing history.
My areas of expertise include:
- the use of federal and state historic tax credits
- the rehabilitation of historic residential, institutional, commercial, and mixed-use properties
- community development and community supported enterprise
- the Section 106 regulatory process
- documentation and research of historic properties
- preparation of National Register of Historic Places nominations and cultural resource surveys
- planning for both large and small preservation projects
- environmental preservation issues and the use of green building practices on historic properties
- industrial and agricultural history
- affordable housing and energy efficiency using older buildings